Hog Rider is a very fast troop targeting buildings only. Let’s take a look on his basic information including stats, pros and cons, his popular decks as well as some advanced tips!
Hog Rider Stats
|Hit Speed||Speed||Deploy Time||Range||Target||Cost||Count||Rarity|
|1.5 sec||Very Fast||1 sec||Melee||Buildings||4||1||Rare|
- This card is unlockable from the P.E.K.K.A Playhouse (Arena 4).
- The Hog Rider is a powerful unit that targets Buildings (and Crown Towers), and with its innate ability to leap over obstacles, can ensure victory…and a Crown.
|Level||Hitpoints||Damage||Damage per second|
Hog Rider Pros and Cons
- He has very fast move speed, which means he can reach the building easily in seconds and leave opponent vulnerable if they cannot react properly. Also his DPS and HP are pretty decent for the 4 elixir cost.
- His only targets are buildings while he will ignore other troops, thus troop distraction is not problematic.
- He can jump over the middle river, making him a great unit to deal with middle defensive buildings in case they always distract our troops.
- Because of his speed, DPS, HP and elixir cost, you can basically build any decks around him without too much struggling as he will go straight into the Arena Tower, making him very difficult to be distracted.
- Defensive building is a hard counter to Hog Rider, as he will head toward those buildings instead of Arena Tower. A single Cannon can totally aggro a Hog into it.
- Hog or Royal Giant is very popular now, so everyone would carry at least a counter card on their decks.
Hog Rider Decks
Typically, Hog is utilized in cycle decks, also called as Hog cycle deck, allowing you to cycle through every card smoothly without costing too much elixir.
In addition, players on top leaderboard also use the Hog Trifecta deck, including Hog + Valkyrie + Musketeer combo that offer 3 different roles. This is a very powerful non-Legendary deck being recommended by lots of top players.
For those who want to explore more combos, you can visit here for more Hog Rider decks.
Hog Rider Advanced Tips
As Hog is easily aggroed by defensive building, we have an advanced technique that allow Hog to bypass buildings placed in the middle spot, also called as “Pig Push”.
It’s an advanced technique in which you place Hog on the furthermost tile on one side, and then quick ly drop a unit such as skeletons or goblins to push the hog into a tile which you wouldn’t normally be able to drop it on. This allows the fast moving troops to push the hog rider away from defensive buildings planted to distract. Orange Juice has a good video explaining it fully (and better!)
Watch the video below to learn this useful tip.
4ClashRoyale.com hopes you enjoy exploring the Hog Rider card. Don’t forget to hit the Like button, Comment & Subscribe if you have any questions for this card and dig in more daily Clash Royale videos.