Previously I have made a similar and detailed guide on How to use and counter Fire Spirits. Now let’s have an in-depth analysis on the Ice Spirit!
When to use Ice Spirit
- Compared to its siblings Fire Spirits, this icy unit is even more versatile because of the 2-second freeze effect. Some typical situations you wanna use Ice Spirit are:
- You need to stop dangerous threats briefly to allow other units to finish them off (e.g. P.E.K.K.A, Double Prince, Balloon, Mini P.E.K.K.A, Royal Giant …)
- Counter cheap troops/swarms for positive elixir trade, such as Minions, Minion Horde, Spear Goblins, Goblins, Archers etc…
- Assist for our push, freeze opponent so our troops such as Hog Rider, Giant or Royal Giant can have 2 extra seconds to attack Tower.
- Make opponent’s threat be disabled and re-target our nearest unit in case they are aiming our Tower and you need them to re-target.
- Cheapest distraction to aggro enemies and stun them for 2 seconds.
- Cycle through the deck to your desired card with only 1 elixir!
How To Use Ice Spirit – Advanced Tips
- Ice Spirit has longer attack range compared to Fire Spirits, making it viable to counter its brothers since Ice Spirit will one shot all 3 Fire Spirits for a 1 positive elixir trade.
- Unlike Fire Spirits, Ice Spirit can tank a hit from even medium sized units (e.g. Knight, Musketeer, Baby Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Miner, Princess. Therefore Ice Spirit works well when being alone, can freeze them without any tank troop to the front.
- Ice Spirit can completely shut down alone Spear Goblins, Archers, Minions or even Minion Horde for positive elixir trade. It can also mitigate a lot of damage from a Musketeer.
- Placing it behind the Tower will ensure a 2-second freeze on a coming Miner, allowing you to deploy other distraction to avoid being damaged on Tower.
- You can perform the piggy push with this card to allow Hog to bypass defensive buildings. Watch the video below for more details.
- Just like Zap, the freeze mechanic is similar to stun effect, making units re-target the nearest troops as well as cancel the charging time. This is very useful against huge threats like Royal Giant, Sparky, X-bow. It will reset the charging damage of Inferno Tower as well, not to mention the ability to cancel the Double Prince’s charge ability.
- Against short range or melee offense units, you should place Ice Spirit in the middle zone to pull and freeze them.
- Ice Spirit + Zap is a deadly combo to assist a small push such as the alone Mini P.E.K.K.A, since they will instantly eliminate swarms, or disable tankier units for 2 seconds.
- Remember to utilize the splash radius of Ice Spirit. It is helpful in such hard situations (Giant + Balloon next to each other for example)
- In a solo situation (2 Mini P.E.K.K.A, 2 Princesses) Ice Spirit will help us to win the fight without losing any HP on our troop if being well-placed.
How To Counter Ice Spirit
- It will be one-shot by Arrows or The Log.
- Spawner decks/Huts/Tombstone are hard counter to Ice Spirit due to the constant spawned troops.
How To Use And Counter Ice Spirit Video
4ClashRoyale.com hopes you enjoy exploring our How to use and counter Ice Spirit guide. Don’t forget to hit the Like button, Comment & Subscribe if you have any questions for these tips and dig in more daily Clash Royale strategies videos.